Property Manager – Full Time
To lease, market and retain positive resident relations of multi-family residential apartment communities. Maintain appearance and structure of all communities in accordance with company expectations.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions, complete guest card, etc.).
- Promptly record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate paperwork and software.
- File guest cards and maintain according to procedures.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply knowledge to prospects.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Process applications for approval in Entrata. Follow-up with applicant regarding status.
- Generate lease documents and secure signature and deposit payment prior to prospect move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Set-up utility services for resident prior to move-in.
- Prepare move-in folder and apartment prior to new move-in. Go over move-in folder with new resident and provide them with all keys, garage remotes, etc.
- Follow-up with prospects that did not apply and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to “sister” communities to meet their needs.
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Advertise available apartments online (Craigslist, Apartments.com, Zillow, etc.) at least three times a week
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Accept, collect and date rental payments.
- Post late notices and 5-day notices for failure to pay rent, same day received.
- Answer phone calls, return voicemails and reply to emails.
- Assemble move-in folders, showing folders, move-out packets, pre-walk packets, move-in bags
- Generate lease paperwork and input information in AMSI and Entrata accurately and on a timely basis.
- Maintain current resident files.
- Update parking logs once a month if not more.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission records on leases for bonus purposes. Review with Director(s) prior to payroll.
- Assist management team with other various tasks as required.
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Maintain open communication with Director of Property Management and Maintenance Technician(s).
- Receive phone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Complete maintenance requests in a timely manner and inform maintenance technicians. Ensure they are being completed and closed out in a timely manner.
- Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow-up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on a continuing basis.
- Plan one resident event per quarter. Attend and participate as host for all said functions.
- Create end-of-month schedule by the 15th of each month.
- Pre-walk all upcoming turns by the 10th of each month.
- Post move-out instructions and touch base with all residents moving out by the 10th of each month.
- Perform checkout of apartment within 24-hours of receiving keys.
- Maintain open communication with all contractors and provide them with all necessary information and paperwork within a reasonable amount of time.
- Perform a final walk of turnovers prior to a new move-in. Place move-in bag on kitchen counter and mail tag in proper mailbox. Walk through apartment to be sure cleaning is up to our standards.
- Walk all vacant and model units once a month. Have cleaning touched up and add air fresheners if needed.
T.R. McKenzie Inc. offers a competitive wage and benefits package. Interested? Please send your resume and information to email@example.com.
Interested in joining TRM’s Team?
As we continue to grow, we’re keeping our eyes out for talented people. We are always looking for skillful people to join our team. If you do not see the job you are looking for right now, feel free to send us an email to say hello. Please include a quick overview of who you are, what job you are looking for, attach a resume, and send our way. We will save your information. However, we encourage you to continue to check out our jobs page. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.