Why work for us?
T.R. McKenzie, Inc. is a growing company, focused on all stages of housing from development to apartment rental, to home ownership. Our mission is to provide a welcoming, beautiful, and peaceful living environment in the greater Madison community. We want to provide a space that people always feel good about coming home to. We value open and thoughtful communication and encourage a free exchange of ideas. We believe in always doing the right thing and following through with what we say. We strive to create an environment of opportunity and growth for our employees and clients.
For employees, we work closely with you, listen to your professional goals and interests, and help foster your own personal mission. For our customers and clients, we strive to support them from their first apartment to buying their first home and each stage in between.
Our Maintenance Technicians work with our property managers to prepare our apartments for new residents and support current resident’s maintenance requests. This may include repairing door locks, replacing window or door screens, or performing roof inspections. Maintenance Technicians need to prioritize, and problem solve on a daily basis. You will be on a team of other Maintenance Technicians and reporting to our Maintenance Manager, therefore working with others and being flexible is important for success in this role. We rotate emergency on-call shifts, so being available for some night and weekend on-call duties is required.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare all vacant apartments to market ready condition
- Respond to resident requests and work orders in a timely manner
- Perform on-call emergency services as required (rotation shared with other maintenance techs)
- Perform plumbing, appliance and electrical repairs, repair/replace locks, smoke alarms, and window/door screens
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks which may include but not limited to: light bulb and filter changes, weekly and monthly fire alarm inspections, checking sump pumps and catch basins in parking areas, garage fans, CO2 detectors, flushing hydrants, doors and closures, garage doors/openers and roofing inspections
- Communicate maintenance concerns for vacant apartments, model units, clubhouse and common areas to the Property Manager
- Keep grounds and common areas free of trash and debris
- Properly and responsibly use maintenance materials, tools, equipment and motorized vehicles
- Maintain a professional and courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and general public on and off the property in order to positively promote T.R. McKenzie Inc.
Who is a good fit:
- Problem solver
- Ability to multitask and prioritize duties
- Effective communicator
- Ability to work independently and also in a team setting
- On-call availability on some nights and weekends
- Reliable and responsible
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to work across multiple properties
What TRM provides:
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly bonuses
- GHC health insurance
- Momentum dental insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
- Rent discount
- Maternity/paternity leave
- 401K with 3% match
- Company parties and events
- Continuing education funds
Want to join our team?
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Maintenance Technician”.
Interested in joining TRM’s Team?
As we continue to grow, we’re keeping our eyes out for talented people. We are always looking for skillful people to join our team. If you do not see the job you are looking for right now, feel free to send us an email to say hello. Please include a quick overview of who you are, what job you are looking for, attach a resume, and send our way. We will save your information. However, we encourage you to continue to check out our jobs page. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send your information to email@example.com.